Welcome to the website of Kington Langley Village Hall, a modern and well equipped hall available for hire. The hall is situated on the edge of the playing fields in the village conservation area and conveniently located just 3 miles from Chippenham and Junction 17 of the M4.
The hall is an ideal venue for:
- • Music, dance, drama
- • Receptions, anniversaries and parties
- • Children’s parties – with easy access to play area and playing fields
- • Skittles and games nights
- • Fundraising events
- • Business meetings, conferences and corporate events
- • Sales and promotions
“One of the finest dance floors in the area”
We offer a wide and flexible range of facilities:
- • The Main Hall – up to 180 people, excellent acoustics & a semi-sprung dance floor
- • Flexible stage – at the end of the main hall offers a wide range of configurations
- • Kitchen – fully equipped with 2 serving hatches
- • The Committee Room – ideal for meetings and smaller presentations
- • High Speed Broadband/WiFi access
- • Disability friendly – fully wheelchair accessible
- • Easy access – 5 minutes from the M4 and Chippenham
- • Parking for 30 cars with additional good weather overflow area
Up to date hall availability for the coming 12 months can be checked here. Please have a look around our site and contact us if we can help with any questions you may have.
The temperatures for May were nearly 2 ˚C warmer during the day than last year. There was only 2 days with a sprinkling of rain. We had 13 days over 21 ˚C (70 ˚F) and 1 day over 25 ˚C (77 ˚F). There was 1 morning of frost.
PLAY SAFE STAY SAFE
This Playground is not supervised, and equipment is not regularly cleaned.
- If anyone in the household is displaying COVID-19 symptoms then do not visit
- People should ensure they are social distancing – if this isn’t possible because the park or certain equipment is being used by other people, they should please wait or visit another day
- Only one child is allowed on each piece of equipment at a time
- Please try to only have one parent, guardian or carer with each child to limit the possible spread of infection
- Consider using a face covering, but Government guidance states they aren’t to be used by children under the age of three
- All rubbish, including disposable face coverings or gloves, should be put in the litter bins or taken home to dispose of
- Wash hands or use hand sanitiser before and after visiting the park
- People should consider wiping or cleansing equipment before use
- People shouldn’t eat or drink within the play area
- Children’s clothes should be washed when they get home.
HALL USE: As restrictions ease we are planning on re-opening the hall from the 6th July. Following Government guidance and advice from ACRE (Action with Communities in Rural England) there will be many restrictions in place. Hopefully, as time goes on, these will be reduced.
We are still unable to take bookings for parties etc. We look forward to the time when we can open fully.
CHILDREN’S PLAY AREA: The Play Area should be able to open from the 4th July.
During this closure period we have been able to replace some of the playground equipment and carry our repairs and renovation. The work had been on hold due to lockdown but is now nearly complete. Some renovation work is still being carried out but the major work has been completed.
RECREATION GROUND: It has been good to see individuals and now small groups making use of the field for exercise. Both the tennis club and the croquet club are now open, but with restrictions to numbers and following social distancing guidance.
Please continue to stay alert and keep safe.